Tom Stocks | President, St. John’s Northwestern Leadership Academies
“We have been working with Julius Capital since late 2018. Initially, our goal was to assess the viability of a private/public bond offering to support operations with ultimate repayment tied to a healthy pipeline of estate gifts. The relationship developed into a much more robust multi-phased project intended to enhance our fundraising, provide needed liquidity and set us up with access to capital for the long term.
Key elements of this project include:
- Assisting us in improving our fundraising efforts
- Release of previously restricted gifts to support current operations
- Sourcing a critically important PPP loan during our pandemic shutdown
- Exploring the monetization of our real estate assets
- Securing a bridge financing solution to a larger real estate related liquidity event
- Launching a longer term planned giving campaign
- Preparing for a bond offering by mid-2021
- Providing a bridge solution to the funding of the 2021 bond offering
Michael Schierl and his team have worked well with our organization in many supportive and creative ways. It is highly unusual to run into an experienced Wall Street attorney who is also very adept at both detailed financial modeling and higher level creative structuring.
We could not be more pleased with the service received and relationship we have developed with Julius Capital and its sister company, Immaculata Law Firm.”